Moor Park 10K & Fun Runs
In light of the sad news of the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, we have made the decision to reschedule the Moor Park 10k and junior fun runs at Merchant Taylors School. Previously scheduled on Sunday 18th September the 10K Race, Walk and Fun Runs will now take place on Sunday 25th September.
This allows us to mark and respect the official mourning period of 10 days.
If you have already registered for the event and cannot attend on 25th September, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a deferral to next year’s event. Due to the charitable nature of this event, there is no option for a refund.
JOIN US FOR THE MOOR PARK 10K & FUN RUNS ON SUNDAY 25TH SEPTEMBER 2022 AND RAISE FUNDS FOR MOUNT VERNON CANCER CENTRE.
Kindly sponsored by Market Financial Solutions
A closed road, UKA, chip-timed 10k set in the beautiful grounds of Merchant Taylors’ School, Moor Park Golf Course and the Moor Park estate. This is a real community event for all the family and, once again, we will also be offering a walking 10k – so sign-up and encourage family and friends to join you.
The junior fun runs are always a highlight of the event. So we look forward to seeing children of all ages and abilities back on the start line and competing for the coveted schools shield. Don’t forget to enter your child’s school name during the registration process.
NEW FOR 2022.
A number of FREE charity places are available for the 10K race, 10K walk and Fun Run, for those people who can pledge to raise a minimum of £50 to help people affected by cancer at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre. Once registered the charity will be in contact to support you with your sponsorship.
If you’d prefer to make a donation, just add a donation ticket to your cart or visit the JustGiving page. You can create your own fundraising page in aid of Mount Vernon Cancer Centre and share with friends and family.
A 2022 Sponsorship form is available here
Click on the link below to set-up your Just Giving page and get fundraising
The event features:
A 10k walk (not traffic free)
A 10k chip timed race (traffic free)
Junior fun runs with free running t-shirt
- Location:Merchant Taylors’ School, Sandy Lodge Road, Moor Park, Northwood, HA6 2HT
- Start time: 2.30pm – 10K Walk – completion in over 1hr35mins.
3.00pm – 10K – completion in 1hr35mins or less.
- Distances: 10k and Fun Runs. See FUN RUN section below for more information on distances
- Minimum Age: 10K – 15yrs. Age as at 25/09/2022. See FUN RUN section below for more information on age groups.
- Activity: Running/Walking
- Open to: Solo participants
- Entry Fees: From £10 per person. Early Bird tickets available until midnight 14th February.
- Our Charity Partner: Mount Vernon Cancer Care Centre
- UKA License No: Applied for
- Event Cancellation Policy: If this event can no longer go ahead due to circumstances beyond the organiser’s control, you will be offered a deferral to the next event.
- Refund and Withdrawal Policy:If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc. There are no transfers or deferrals allowed for this event.
- Additional Fees: A 6% booking fee will be added at the checkout
- Event Organiser: Active Training World
- Event Email: email@example.com
- Keep up to date here: https://www.facebook.com/MoorPark10k/
Fun Run age groups will based on what school year your child will be in during the 2022-2023 school year i.e 1st September 2022 onwards.
Start 11.45 – Under 15s Boys & Girls 3.9km- school years 8, 9 & 10
Start 12.15 – Under 12s Girls 2.6km- School years 6&7
Start 12.35 – Under 12s Boys 2.6km- School years 6&7
Start 12.55 – Under 10s Girls 1.3km- School years 5, 4 &3
Start 1.10 – Under 10s Boys 1.3km- School years 5, 4 &3
Start 1.30 – Under 7s Girls 850m-School years 2 and under
Start 1.40 – Under 7s Boys 850m-School years 2 and under
Please click on the image below to check the correct year group and start time.
There will be addtional locations and dates to pick up race packs before the event. Further details to follow. You are strongly advised to collect your race pack before the event to save you time on the day.
Race numbers will also be available on the day at registration.
Registration open from 10:00am -14:45. Please do not register more than 90 mins before your race start.
Please leave sufficient time on the day to collect your race number.
The 10k route starts with a lap and a half of the school playing fields before heading out into the Moor Park estate. It crosses Rickmansworth and Moor Park Golf Courses, wending its way back through the Moor Park estate to the school grounds for a final triumphal lap of the playing fields.
Please see the 2021 Course map below. Please click on the image to enlarge.
The undulating course is on grass, footpaths, pavements and through residential areas.
Click the link for more information about Mount Vernon Cancer Care Appeal
If you’d like to make an additional donation you will have the opportunity during the registration process. Alternatively, why not get family and friends to sponsor you for taking part and use this event to raise more funds for the charity. A link to our Just Giving page is here
All finishers will receive a special finishers medal and you can also download a digital event certificate on the race results page.
The winning School will receive the 2012 School Shield
Fun Run Trophies
U15’s, U 12’s, U10’s, U 7’s– 1st Boy & 1st Girl
Fun Run eCertificates
U15’s, U 12’s, U10’s, U 7’s – 2nd & 3rd Boys & Girls
U18’s, VET 40, VET 50, VET 60 – 1st Place Male
U18’s, VET 35, VET 45, VET 55 – 1st Place Female
Seniors – 1st, 2nd & 3rd place Male & Female
It is important that you are fit to run and have not experienced any Covid-19 symptoms in the 14 days leading up to the event.
Free parking onsite at the school. Enter via Sandy Lodge Lane. HA6 2HT.
Tea, coffee and food van onsite.
There will be a fun fair and inflatables for children to enjoy on the day.
Toilets, Changing and Bag Storage
Toilets will be available. There will be no baggage area so please arrive ready to race.
Yes, although large section of course is on grass.
10k Walk – No
10k Race – Yes
Yes. Only bone conducting headphones allowed for 10K walk due to roads being open.
10K Walk – 1hr 35 mins plus
10K Race – 1hr 35 mins or less
If you are unable to attend due to illness, injury, family bereavement, jury service you will only be eligible for a refund on production of official evidence: Positive Covid-19 test result, Doctor’s note, Death Certificate etc. There are no transfers or deferrals allowed for this event.
If this event can no longer go ahead due to circumstances beyond the organiser’s control, you will be offered a deferral to the next event.
Where specified on the booking form any medical information will be passed onto the medical team present at the event.
1) I declare that I am medically fit to compete & understand that I do so entirely at my own risk.
2) I understand that I enter the race at my own risk and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself, prior to, during or after the event.
3) I understand the organisers reserve the right to alter the arrangements and conditions, should circumstances require.
4) By entering this event, the athlete indicates acceptance of UKA rules.
- Prices do not include the booking fee. A 6% will be added at checkout.
- Please select your ticket (s) and add a donation to support Mount Vernon Cancer Care
- Ticket quantities can be updated on the next page
|£5 Donation to Mount Vernon Cancer Centre||£5|
|£10 Donation to Mount Vernon Cancer Centre||£10|
|£20 Donation to Mount Vernon Cancer Centre||£20|
|£50 Donation to Mount Vernon Cancer Centre||£50|
|£100 Donation to Mount Vernon Cancer Centre||£100|